Monday, February 09, 2009

A Valentine Treat

Heart-love month is already around the corner and people of every race are once more thinking of that special date - February 14.

I remember last year, if I wasn’t mistaken, how (in my case) it was spent. The day was indeed sunny and bright until dinner, when I had an argument with my sister. Well, it was a heated debate but it suddenly struck my mind that it was Valentine’s Day. I had thought of it when I woke up early morning and greeted Our Lord and the Blessed Virgin a Happy Valentine and told myself I’d spent it reverently for Them. Now, I’m engaged on clashing intense words with my sister??? It changed my mind and for an instance I kept my mouth shut - letting my sister talk on until it ended. That moment, I asked Our Lord’s forgiveness and as I headed for bedtime, I was completely grieved on my behavior. I fell asleep with that thing on mind.

I decided to be better this time. (Who doesn’t want to be better, anyway?) Actually, I do feel it’d be better for on that date, the visiting priest would come to officiate Mass in our vicinity. I feel fortunate enough to know it and hopefully the day would be all lit up glowed with God’s awesome LOVE.

Whatever one’s routine would be on February 14, I hope everybody would make it a point to salute Our Lord and the Blessed Virgin a “Happy Valentine”. After all, Valentine’s is meant for love and to love. And who could be worthier to love than those Two Who loved us first - even before our creation? I’m not saying that couples and sweethearts should be discredited on this date but rather each should all be tied up with a pious attitude. It’s about loving God and the significant other harmoniously with a sacred desire.

Let us strive to be always near to the sweetest Hearts of all hearts - and whenever possible to receive the Sacraments on this beautiful date. For it is there that They dispense Their greatest love for us. Oh, if one would only know how to make a real Valentine treat! A Valentine lavished with incessant LOVE where there is no guile but instead combined with mystical and luscious air.

Oh Hearts of Jesus and Mary, grant us an exquisite and momentous Valentine by molding our hearts like unto Thee forever! Amen.

No comments: