Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Saints’ Day

Lately, I’ve been linking this particular day to the SSPX. True enough, as it was the solemn day that Archbishop Lefebvre founded the SSPX 37 years ago. I was wondering why the Archbishop chose this particular date. Now, I realized it was perhaps because His Excellency wanted to show to each and everyone, most especially to his own priests, that all of us must become Saints. Striving to become saints is our duty and rather the only duty we have here on earth. I understood that it is what the Archbishop wanted to imply to all.

I’m grateful to him and for what he had done. He was fighting and yet he was loving as well. He mandated to his priests the vital importance of the Sacrifice of the Mass and the other 6 Sacraments which our Lord instituted. We cannot live without God. Charity and sufferings are nothing if we do not have grace of God abiding in us. And how do we get that grace? Through the Holy Sacrifice of Mass and Sacrament of Penance. Yes, His Excellency stated it plain and simple yet the sophisticated world could not comprehend it. In his own little way, Archbishop Lefebvre scattered this beautiful message. He stood amidst shaking tribulations and formed his priests. Providentially, it grew and still expanding.

Through his priests, he continued Jesus Commandments. He did not let the Gospel wither away. And now almost world widely known, his Society is still the bridge for both the worldly and holy alike. It reconciles the sinner while the pious assists him. From pagans to orphanage, from hostels to schools, and from bewildered couple (or family) to a confused individual, the SSPX were here or there to bring back the light and to show the road to sanctity.

Oh, praise be to the Most Holy Triune God for using Archbishop Lefebvre as an instrument! His Excellency must have a lot of graces on him. Yes, God lives on him that’s why he persevered. Only time will tell if the Society he founded would waver and fall. But may God forbid! May it be safeguarded by numerous saints and most especially by the Blessed Virgin, most pure and most strong. May it continue to defend Holy Mother Church from heresy, novelty, and schism!

By the way, I just learned yesterday that Miss Swarna Vongala had already taken the habit. I’m very much delighted to hear that long awaited Asian news! Oh, would that I be one soon! I long to be with my God and forever serve Him unselfishly!

Since today’s the feast of all the Saints, I shall greet here my patron saints. Happy happy feast day to thee, St. Gregory Nazianzen, St. Basil the Great, St. Joan of Arc, St. Scholastica, St. Christina, and St. Januarius. Oh my dear patron saints, do not leave me here! Be my constant intercessors to our Lord! Help me most especially to attain Heaven!

Also, I would like to post here that tomorrow is the day dedicated for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Let’s pray for all those who are still detained there. It is very painful staying there! They definitely need the Holy Sacrifice of Mass and our own prayers. Let me end here with a prayer that will freed 1000 souls each time this is prayed.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious Blood of Thy Divine Son Jesus in union with all the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

1 comment:

Rich Johnston said...

In the UK, we see the publication today, on All Saints Day, of a graphic novel based on the life of St Joseph Of Copertino, "The Flying Friar". See more here: http://www.flyingfriarcomic.com