Thursday, October 25, 2007

Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux

Let the Sacred Cross be my Light, let not the devil be my guide. Someone recently gave it to me. It was sort of a short prayer for encouragement. And ever since yesterday, I started praying it. I’d always be grateful to that person who revived my intrepidness. I was on the brink of misery, but Our Lady is so wonderful for holding me back and gave me hope through this person.

I admit there were times I succumbed. Lack of prayer and watchfulness were the main causes, I guess. My past mistakes make me tremble in fear to stand in the presence of the Innocent Lamb. Had I not have the Blessed Virgin Mary, I’d certainly be unheard by the Just Judge. He Who demands goodness on every single thing I do; I am but worthy to deserve shame and dust.

Sometime the devil wants me to think that I’m too guilty even to ask for the Virgin’s intercession. But faith enlightens me that the Blessed Lady never turns away one of her children. No matter how heinous - provided one is sincere in repenting. Indeed, that was the pact she sealed when her crucified Son was uttering to her on the Cross.

I realize God wants me with my weakness. But I also understand God wants me to be perfect just as He is. I must never take it for granted. It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve fallen. But what matters most is that I’m willing to rise and reconstruct my life once more. Yes, my human nature is weak but Jesus Himself overcame it through many sufferings and finally by dying in the Cross.

I know I’m no perfect person, but I must comprehend God destined it so I can best appreciate His bountiful mercies. And how powerful the Blessed Virgin Mary is who so much loves us and wants to save us — for that is the price of her Beloved Son’s death.

Oh Immaculate Virgin, would that every sinner come to thine recourse and hell would be already empty! Be always near to me as I traverse this dangerous road. And most especially help me to love God more strongly yet tenderly as well! Amen.

2 comments:

KC said...

Jesus is the saviour not his mother.

Unknown said...

Non draco sit mihi dux, Crux sacra sit mihi lux. Its acronyms are part of the St Benedict cross.